Breaking News :

Goods worth lakhs gutted in fire near temple in BHEL area

3/20/2018

Chronicle Reporter, Bhopal Goods at Air Cooler store were gutted in a massive fire caused by short circuit which broke out at temporary shops near Ayyappa temple in BHEL area on Monday; coolers worth lakhs of rupees were gutted in fire. The ground near Ayyappa temple were ‘Cooler Mela’ for selling coolers by installing temporary shops witnessed fire in the afternoon. In the afternoon on Monday fire broke out in Balaji Coolers shop which spread rapidly in the adjacent shops leaving no time for the other shopkeeper to save their goods worth lakhs of rupees were gutted in fire. Around half a dozen fire tender vehicles from Pul Bogda and Govindpura fire brigade stations were pressed into service which took more than an hour to control and pacify the fire. Police and fire brigade officials confirmed that the fire was short circuit borne and no one was injured and no casualty was reported in the incident.Police said that there are around 10-12 shops which was installed and four shops were completely gutted in fire. The goods in these two shops were damaged badly. The fire brigade officer Iftekhar said that these shops were installed to sell cooler for the upcoming summer season which is the peak season of sale. These shops are not permanent and are erected every year at several places across the city. At few places these shops are installed as extension of their shops outside their shops while other erect tents in open spaces but in both cases no security arrangements are made to tackle fire and emergency situations.

Opinions expressed in the comments are not reflective of Central Chronicle. Comments are moderated automatically.

Related Posts